Friday, December 13, 2013

Timex Factory Team

The other day I received an email that truly made me happy. My wife can attest. She watched me jump around the house like a little kid.

I was accepted onto the Timex Factory Team. For the 2014 season, I'll join more than 300 other multisport and endurance athletes from across the country and some from around the world. 

Endurance sports, including triathlon, are highly individual pursuits. They are your goals, your training sessions and your finish times. No one else can claim them. 

But I've noticed one thing over the past few years. Triathlon and endurance sports have an incomparable sense of community. Is it the distance and our individual suffering that unites us together? Put a few triathletes in the same room and they'll be content for hours talking about race destinations, the last time they bonked, their training, or even the latest politics in the sport. I know I'm guilty of this.

This is why I'm so excited and grateful for the opportunity to join the Timex Factory Team. I'm looking forward to sharing my dedication and passion for the sport with my teammates. They will undoubtedly teach me a thing or two along the way.

2014 should be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment